Clean my desk <- I work best in a clutter-free zone. It might not stay that way but it’s got to at least start that way.
- update User settings
- update Author info
- update Novel info
- stare at empty stats
- set widget on personal website
- worldbuilding notes
- character notes
- major themes
* any of these could be a blog post all on its own
- Scrivener – all my initial draft and revision work happens in this application, from first word to the final compile to send for submission
- Write or Die Desktop edition – excellent word sprint tool to really get the words flowing!
- Twitter and Facebook – reporting on these makes me accountable. Accountability is an excellent driver.
- Dropbox – back up Everything.
- playlists – via Pandora and sometimes YouTube (see my YouTube channel for my playlists and more)
- snacks – sustenance is key to a working mind
- stress-relievers – stress balls, workout resistance bands, yoga matt. Get the blood flowing and clear the mind.
During the month of November, I’ll have several guests here on my blog. They’ll all be talking about a different aspect of why they do, or don’t, participate in NaNoWriMo. Stop by and show them some love!